Tuesday 16 October 2012

Main Production Piece, pre-production ideas.

As stated previously, I want to create a film trailer within the drama genre. This means I need a good, gripping story line that will make the audience into wanting to see my film. 

Plot:
A typical teenage boy, with no particular zest for life, spends most of his time at home doing nothing. Despite being pushed by his parents to get a job he has no real luck finding one. When the jackpot for the lottery hits a new high everyone in town is buying a ticket, however the person to actually win the jackpot is the boys Grandad. Unfortunately though, the Grandad passes away the next day meaning that the main protagonist inherits all this money and despite promising his girlfriend and family, he lets it go to his head.

Actors/Cast/Team members:
The main character will be played by me, the reason being is because I feel as though I will be able to get the best out of my project when I know what I want rather than relying on someone else. This means I will need to find someone else to work the camera, however this is an easier task than having to act in front of it. Other cast members will involve family and friends that are willing to act for me as a small part. 

Setting: 
I will be filming at home to begin with before finally going out into my local area and busy locations. I try and portray it as a hectic place, similar to a party scene of some sort. 

Props/Costume: 
To begin with, the main protagonist will be wearing fairly casual clothes (i.e a hoody and jeans.) This will portray an average teen as well as one that doesn't care too much for the latest trends. However, throughout the movie after inheriting all the money the outfit will change from casual to more stylish and smart (i.e a shirt, possibly a tie/ blazer.) This more formal attire is stereotypical to the richer way of life. Other cast members will be seen in their normal clothes in order to keep that sense of realism. 

No comments:

Post a Comment