Tuesday 13 November 2012

Soundtrack for the start of my film trailer.

I know that in my film trailer I want more than one soundtrack as I believe it really adds to a film trailer to portray different moods and emotions within a scene. Previously I featured more moving music which would emphasise more emotional scenes within my trailer. However, after thinking of other ideas for my trailer I decided on two more soundtracks. 

The first soundtrack would be the instrumental from the song 'Time to Pretend by MGMT.' I have chosen this to be my opening soundtrack to my film trailer the reason being is because compared to 'Billionaire' it is more lively but not as up-beat as 'Gangnam Style.' Despite the fact I am using the instrumental another reason for choosing this particular soundtrack is because the lyrics relate to the story of my trailer. 


I'm feelin' rough I'm feelin' raw I'm in the prime of my life.

Let's make some music make some money find some models for wives.

I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin and f**k with the stars.
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.

This is our decision to live fast and die young.

We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah it's overwhelming, but what else can we do?
Get jobs in offices and wake up for the morning commute?
Forget about our mothers and our friends
We were fated to pretend.

These are the first few verses of the song. Phrases such as 'Prime of my life' relate to the age of the protagonist in my film trailer, 18. Other phrases such as 'make some money' is a cataphoric reference to what is going to happen in the story and on top of that 'Forget bout our mothers and our friends' also highlights how the protagonist abandons everyone. Altogether I believe this song not only sounds good for the intro, but it also connotes as quite a meaningful soundtrack alongside the film trailer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment